Our Mission Statement
By God’s grace and power we seek to foster love, community and body life among the Women of West Valley Presbyterian Church through Women in the Word and West Valley Woman’s Fellowship.
We recognize that God has uniquely created us as women with the beauty and design of femininity.
We recognize our need for godly friendship, relationship and sisterhood as members of the body of Christ.
We recognize Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and as the glue that holds all things together.
It is our desire and longing that through Woman’s Ministry women would seek to love each there well, bearing each other’s brokenness/sin, sharing in each other’s weaknesses, entering into each other’s life stories and hold each other accountable to the Word of God.
Women in the Word
- Acknowledging that Christ is the Word of God…Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life…
- Acknowledging that God’s divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us to His own glory and excellence…
- Acknowledging that He has granted to us His precious and very great promises found in the Bible in order that we may become partakers of the divine nature…
- Acknowledging scripture’s promised profitability for teaching, reproof, correction and training in righteousness in order that Christians may be competent and equip for every good work…
- Acknowledging that God’s word revives the soul, makes wise the simple, rejoices the heart, enlightens the eyes and grants christians the power to grow in the Grace and Knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…
Women in the Word seeks to gather women together under the study, discussion and fellowship of the Holy Scriptures. We hope to spread a passion for the pursuit of Jesus through His word. We study the Word of God in order to better know, love and serve the God of the Word; that faith thru love and good works would grow.
We believe that as we abide in the True Vine, abide in Christ, abide in the Word of God, abide in His love, feed on Him; by God’s grace we will manifest Christ to each other, to our families and to the world around us.
It is our prayer that as come together as a women, to sit as Jesus’ feet we will live out the “one another” commandments in the bible. i.e. pray for one another, encourage one another, bear one another’s burden, love one another, spur one another on toward love and good deeds. It is our prayer that we would enjoy rich, sweet, deep fellowship with one another, with the Father and with Jesus Christ…that our joy would be complete and full.
West Valley Women’s Fellowship
- Acknowledging that God has created us for community, relationship, friendship with Him and with other believers.
- Acknowledging we have an enemy who preys on christians best when we are isolated and alone.
- Acknowledging Jesus’ command to “love the brotherhood, fear God, and wash one another’s feet.”
West Valley Women’s Fellowship seeks to foster and promote opportunities for friendships, building of love and sisterhood among women. It is our prayer that these activities will lead to intentional relationship, pursuit of love and service to others through means of conversation, laughter and fun. We pray that women would feel loved, refreshed, connected and cared for and that would be the fuel engine to multiple grace, love, peace, unity and joy among the body of Jesus Christ-to the Glory of the only God and Savior and for the joy and good of His people!